We love you being here. Thanks for checking us out.
Currently our site is under major reconstruction. Don’t worry- we will be back bigger and better than ever, offering everything survivors (and those who love them) need!
We promise three things. Confidence. Patience. The truth.
Safe In Harm’s Way is a multi-pronged attack on domestic violence abuse by doing three things:
- Highlighting the stories of survivors:We will follow one woman through her entire escape from domestic abuse. From the first discovery of horrific abuse, through leaving and thriving.
- What did she do to cope?
- How did she escape?
- What did she do to heal?
- We have many men and women lined up to share their stories. Our hope is that someone, anyone, any loved one- can recognize themselves, or someone they love, in the presentation and escape. Leave Thrive.
- Provide resources in a one stop shop. Survivors have spent their life with an abuser, slowly being dismantled from the inside out. Most times not even realizing what has been done to them until it’s too late and they are a shell of their former self. Survivors can’t even speak their own name, much less remember how the internet works and start to seek help. Safe| In Harm’s way will be the only place they have to go.We will have links to resources available.
- Want to find out where shelters are in your area? BOOM! We got you. Pin drop your city, and we will tell you safe places to live plus how to get a restraining order in your county.
- We will offer authors we love who are doing great work for survivors or write such funny books, you will laugh for the first time in a long time. Laughter heals, honey! Reset your brain, laugh, pick yourself up off the floor, and take a tiny step forward. Repeat.
- Music is covered, too. Music soothes and re-sets your brain into a more receptive and positive place. We will offer suggestions and are open to hear about your favorite music, too.
- What else do you need? We have the resources in one place. And, if we don’t, tell us and we will do the homework to make sure it’s included.
- Hold perpetrators accountable both personally and professionally:Unless women and men survivors start talking about the abuse, perpetrators keep on inflicting pain. The best way we have found is to have confidence and speak the truth. Are you afraid that sounds too mean? Well- being thrown against a table and spit at in front of your friends is mean, too. The best and most perfect defense against being mean is the TRUTH, and having the patience and calm, confident manner to speak it. We will tell you how.
- The second component for holding perpetrators accountable is our Corporate Training Program. We have a smart group of people on our team. They have master’s degrees and advanced training in how to help corporations with HR issues that become front page news.
- Safe In Harm’s Way Training is a S Corporation, LLC. We have developed training and information that can be personalized and tailored for any organization. Using true case studies we will shine a light and help implement strategies that protect company reputation and profits. When an abuser uses company time and company owned resources to inflict abuse- there is a negative financial and reputation impact on the employer. We will offer training for employers to use and “sniff out” employees who inflict abuse.
We are excited for you to get to know us on this journey. Confidence. Patience. The truth. We will use this simple mission statement to eradicate domestic abuse and hold perpetrators accountable- both personally and professionally.
Take our hand, let’s change the world.